Click here to download a .pdf version of my resumé.
of other modern approaches to web design and development. SEO, Google Analytics certified. DNS management and hosting solutions. Some experience with API calls using JSON and CLIs, and a little experience with C#/asp.net. Big fan
of Regex, SQL scripts, and all things automation.
- Applications: Adobe Creative Suite (esp. PhotoShop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro); Microsoft Office; FinalCut; Audacity/Pro Tools; Collaborative apps (Slack/Teams/Asana/Trello/Google Docs and Forms/etc.)
- Writing/Research Skills: Writing and editing web copy and content; writing techincal documentation; content strategy; SEO Writing; UX research; grant proposal writing; conducting interviews; creative script writing
- Languages: German (intermediate); Spanish (beginner); Chinese (familiar)
- Life Skills: Educable, humble, and ready to learn how to use new tools.
- Digital Content Manager at Assurant (Sept 2018- present)
- Content management, UX strategy, and UI development for 21 enterprise level international websites. Project management, Agile sprint planning, and front-end troubleshooting. Daily HTML/CSS/JS front-end edits. CMS (Sitefinity)
training and management, and overseeing of syncing from staging to production. SEO consultation. Salesforce/Pardot form handling.
- Owner/Operator/Web Developer Extraordinaire at WHISTLE PIG LLC (Jan 2018- Present)
- Completed projects include: Web Development for Center for Community Transitions; Web Development and Copywriting for CARE’s Scale X Design Accelerator; Web Development, SEO writing and Google Analytics management for CARE
Switzerland (attracted 90.4% new users over 2 month period); Website Copywriting for African Entrepreneurs Collective; Copywriting for AfriCare.
- Contract Web Developer and Copy Writer at CARE (Aug 2017- Sept 2018)
- Developed and built out three micro-sites; periodically made updates to online content using WordPress, Drupal, and Contentful; wrote and edited human interest stories, NGO program briefs, and technical documentation; made
logos and edited images using PhotoShop and InDesign.
- Writing Instructor at Georgia State University (Jan 2017- Dec 2017)
- Developed course curriculum based on departmental standards, including assignments, materials, and in-class activities
- Arranged teaching portfolio and met with department supervisors for review; underwent in-class scrutiny and received great feedback for being “confident” and “engaging.” Received excellent student feedback, as well.
- Writing Consultant at GSU's Writing Studio (Aug 2016- Aug 2017)
- Read and provided feedback for student papers
- Assisted in brainstorming ideas and arranging essays, adhering to MLA and APA guidelines, and directed students to resources for conducting secondary research
- Worked with many genres of writing, including cover letters and other application materials, research proposals, conference proposals, essays across many disciplines, and creative writing
- English Teacher for English for Internationals (Apr 2015- Aug 2016):
- Developed course curriculum based on company standards, including assignments, materials, and in-class activities. Taught classes with long hours in TOEFL preparation; English Grammar (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced);
Reading and Writing; and Speaking and Listening. Arranged teaching portfolio and met with department supervisors for review; underwent in-class scrutiny and received great feedback
- English Teacher at WEB International in Nanjing, China (Aug 2014- Apr 2015):
- Taught 25 classes a week at a private company in Nanjing, China. Prepared presentations and class activities on topics ranging from Dinosaurs to Economics to Super Heroes for our daily, hour-long “social clubs.” Underwent
in-class scrutiny and received constructive feedback. Received excellent student feedback
- English Tutor at Literacy Council of Buncombe County, Asheville, NC (Jan 2014- Aug 2014)
- Line/Prep Cook at Various Establishments (Atlanta, Boone, Asheville) (May 2008- Jan 2014)
- Georgia Tech Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp (2019)
- Google Analytics Certification (2018)
- Georgia State University (2018)
- MA in English, Digital Humanities
- Kennesaw State University (2014)
- Certified in Teaching English as Second or Other Language
Appalachian State University (2012)
- BA in English, Creative Writing
- La Amistad English Teacher (August 2012-December 2013)
- Creative Writing Club for Kids writing mentor (January 2012- May 2012)
- Fiction committee member for PEEL Literary Arts Magazine, Appalachian State University (January 2011-May 2012)
- Trail Crew, Appalachian State University (January 2009-May 2012)
- Turtle Island Preserve summer intern (May 2009-August 2009)
- Outward Bound Wilderness Expedition (June 2008)
- Arts: Created and ran a liteary arts magazine (The BEET) in Boone, NC, planned events, collected and edited submissions, etc.
- Music: Author and partner to several musical collaborations (see my solo project )
- Other Interests: Hiking (I hiked the Appalachian Trail, Colorado Trail, most of the PCT), books, web dev trends, Reddit, running/biking/paddling, Trees Atlanta volunteer