of other modern approaches to web design and development. SEO, Google Analytics certified. DNS management and hosting solutions. Some experience with API calls using JSON and CLIs, and a little experience with C#/asp.net. Big fan
of Regex, SQL scripts, and all things automation.
- Applications: Adobe Creative Suite (esp. PhotoShop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro); Microsoft Office; FinalCut; Audacity/Pro Tools; Collaborative apps (Slack/Teams/Asana/Trello/Google Docs and Forms/etc.)
- Writing/Research Skills: Writing and editing web copy and content; writing techincal documentation; content strategy; SEO Writing; UX research; grant proposal writing; conducting interviews; creative script writing
- Languages: German (intermediate); Spanish (beginner); Chinese (familiar)
- Life Skills: Educable, humble, and ready to learn how to use new tools.
- Digital Content Manager at Assurant (Sept 2018- present)
- Content management, UX strategy, and UI development for 21 enterprise level international websites. Project management, Agile sprint planning, and front-end troubleshooting. Daily HTML/CSS/JS front-end edits. CMS (Sitefinity)
training and management, and overseeing of syncing from staging to production. SEO consultation. Salesforce/Pardot form handling.
- Owner/Operator/Web Developer Extraordinaire at WHISTLE PIG LLC (Jan 2018- Present)
- Completed projects include: Web Development for Center for Community Transitions; Web Development and Copywriting for CARE’s Scale X Design Accelerator; Web Development, SEO writing and Google Analytics management for CARE
Switzerland (attracted 90.4% new users over 2 month period); Website Copywriting for African Entrepreneurs Collective; Copywriting for AfriCare.
- Contract Web Developer and Copy Writer at CARE (Aug 2017- Sept 2018)
- Developed and built out three micro-sites; periodically made updates to online content using WordPress, Drupal, and Contentful; wrote and edited human interest stories, NGO program briefs, and technical documentation; made
logos and edited images using PhotoShop and InDesign.
- Writing Instructor at Georgia State University (Jan 2017- Dec 2017)
- Developed course curriculum based on departmental standards, including assignments, materials, and in-class activities
- Arranged teaching portfolio and met with department supervisors for review; underwent in-class scrutiny and received great feedback for being “confident” and “engaging.” Received excellent student feedback, as well.
- Writing Consultant at GSU's Writing Studio (Aug 2016- Aug 2017)
- Read and provided feedback for student papers
- Assisted in brainstorming ideas and arranging essays, adhering to MLA and APA guidelines, and directed students to resources for conducting secondary research
- Worked with many genres of writing, including cover letters and other application materials, research proposals, conference proposals, essays across many disciplines, and creative writing
- English Teacher for English for Internationals (Apr 2015- Aug 2016):
- Developed course curriculum based on company standards, including assignments, materials, and in-class activities. Taught classes with long hours in TOEFL preparation; English Grammar (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced);
Reading and Writing; and Speaking and Listening. Arranged teaching portfolio and met with department supervisors for review; underwent in-class scrutiny and received great feedback
- English Teacher at WEB International in Nanjing, China (Aug 2014- Apr 2015):
- Taught 25 classes a week at a private company in Nanjing, China. Prepared presentations and class activities on topics ranging from Dinosaurs to Economics to Super Heroes for our daily, hour-long “social clubs.” Underwent
in-class scrutiny and received constructive feedback. Received excellent student feedback
- English Tutor at Literacy Council of Buncombe County, Asheville, NC (Jan 2014- Aug 2014)
- Line/Prep Cook at Various Establishments (Atlanta, Boone, Asheville) (May 2008- Jan 2014)
- Georgia Tech Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp (2019)
- Google Analytics Certification (2018)
- Georgia State University (2018)
- MA in English, Digital Humanities
- Kennesaw State University (2014)
- Certified in Teaching English as Second or Other Language
Appalachian State University (2012)
- BA in English, Creative Writing
Volunteer Experience, Internships, Clubs, etc.
- La Amistad English Teacher (August 2012-December 2013)
- Creative Writing Club for Kids writing mentor (January 2012- May 2012)
- Fiction committee member for PEEL Literary Arts Magazine, Appalachian State University (January 2011-May 2012)
- Trail Crew, Appalachian State University (January 2009-May 2012)
- Turtle Island Preserve summer intern (May 2009-August 2009)
- Outward Bound Wilderness Expedition (June 2008)
- Arts: Created and ran a liteary arts magazine (The BEET) in Boone, NC, planned events, collected and edited submissions, etc.
- Music: Author and partner to several musical collaborations (see my solo project )
- Other Interests: Hiking (I hiked the Appalachian Trail, Colorado Trail, most of the PCT), books, web dev trends, Reddit, running/biking/paddling, Trees Atlanta volunteer
Click here to download a .pdf version of my resumé.